Here is the Chocolate Festival Entry Form
Please follow these guidelines
For competition, Public tasting (sampling),
Auction, and cake entries
- please do not divide entries into individual servings; this will be done by festival volunteers.
- items including nuts must be labeled as such: Label all other as “NO NUTS”
- BRING ENTRIES ON DISPOSABLE SERVING WEAR, PLATES/PLATERS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
- WARNING: Due to the potential for illness, WE CANNOT ACCEPT ANY ITEMS MADE WITH RAW EGGS. (for example French silk pies with raw eggs)
- NO ENTRIES REQURING REFRIGERATION CAN BE ACCEPTED. We have no facilities for refrigeration after submission.
- Public tasting cake MUST BE A SHEET CAKE. Less work for you and easier to cut/serve so more people can taste your cake. Remember, there is a People’s Choice Award!
- Judges Tasting Samples – may be either sheet cake or a decorated layer cake. (Judges will only taste a small sample – remainder will go to sampling tables.)
- Cake for Bake Sale or Auction can either be a sheet cake or layer cake, or decorated cake.
- When making cookies, cookies should be small (Oreo sized) so they will further.
- Please return completed entry form to Alleghany Highlands Arts and Crafts Center, P. O. Box 273 (439 E. Ridgeway St.), Clifton Forge, VA 24422 or email entry to email@example.com.
- ALL FOOD AND ENTRIES MUST BE DELIVERED FRIDAY, MARCH 31, 2017 BETWEEN 12PM AND 4PM TO THE CLIFTON FORGE ARMORY!!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Alleghany Highlands Arts and Crafts Center at 439 E. Ridgeway Street, Clifton Forge, VA 24422, 540.862.4447, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to be given a receipt for your charitable contribution, please keep track of your expenses and submit them with your entries. Thank you for your support.
Please follow these food handling guidelines
As in any situation where food is being prepared and offered for sale to the public, caution must be exercised to provide safe food. Although the traditional bake sale foods such as bread, buns, pies, cookies, and candies rarely cause illnesses, it is important to remember that under the right circumstances any food can cause food borne illnesses. ITEMS INCLUDING NUTS MUST BE LABLED AS SUCH; all other should be labeled “No Nuts”.
- Wash your hands prior to handling food and anytime you could contaminate your hands, such as coughing, eating, handling garbage, or using the bathroom.
- Remove all poisonous items such as insecticides, detergents, cleaners, polishes, etc. from preparation area to prevent accidental contamination.
- Clean and sanitize preparation area and serving table.
- Clean all food contact surfaces with warm water and soap.
- Use cloth or paper towels. Do not use sponges.
- After cleaning, sanitize works surfaces with 1.2 teaspoons chlorine bleach to one quart water.
- For easy use, sanitizing mixture can be put into a new spray bottle labeled CHLORINE SANITIZER.
- Be sure long hair is pulled back in a ponytail, with clips or in a hair net.
Chocolate Festival Entry Form
The Entry Categories and amounts to be donated are listed below. A portion of each entry will be used for judging; a portion will be used for public tasting. In addition to the judges’ selections, a People’s Choice Award will be given. Tips and guidelines for preparing your entry are given on the next two pages. You do not need to be present to serve up your goodies, but we’d love to have you attend!
Please do not divide entries into individual servings; this will be done by festival volunteers!!!
There is also a Group to be judged for 15 and under.
Category prizes will be announced at noon. Top entries receive a ribbon and a prize. The People’s Choice Award will be presented at the close of the Festival, when everyone has a chance to sample and vote.
Participant entry form
Return completed form to the Art Center
ALL FOOD AND ENTRIES MUST BE DELIVERED FRIDAY, MARCH 31, 2017 BETWEEN 12PM -4PM TO THE CLIFTON FORGE ARMORY.
I am entering as a(n) _____ Student _____ Amateur
_____ Professional (Person who makes chocolate items to sale)
Your Name: ______________________________ Business Name: ___________________
Name of Chocolate Entry: _____________________________________________________
Phone No. _________________ E-Mail: ________________________________________
Entry Category: _____ Cake _____ Cookies/Brownies _____ Candies
_____ Pies _____ Cupcakes _____ Other