Robin Poteet teaches watercolor classes throughout the mid-Atlantic.
All levels will jump in and learn to how to paint two favorite landscape subjects — skies & water!
Creating several small paintings & studies, and learning how to paint various clouds- from wispy to stormy on the 1st day. Sunsets, too! Our 2nd day, we’ll do the same with water scenes — surf, ripples, and reflections on lakes & more.
These two will teach you watercolor techniques used with almost any subject. Come prepared to learn & have fun!
Reference photos AND watercolor paper will be provided.
- Robin recommends #6, #10 and #14 round brushes & 1″ flat brushes, (Lowe Cornell & Grumbacher watercolor brushes fine for beginners).
- Watercolor Tube paints (any brand): Ultramarine, Cobalt Blue, Cerulean Blue, Phthalo Blue & Burnt Sienna. Also helpful are: Transparent Yellow, Raw Sienna, Permanent Rose, Alizarin Crimson & Sap Green.
- Palette with individual wells & large mixing surface.
- Roll Paper towels.
- Roll of natural color masking tape
- .5mm mechanical pencil with HB lead or #2 yellow pencil
- Soft kneaded eraser or white eraser.
- Optional: Bottle of masking fluid (Miskit or Frisket) with an inexpensive brush to apply it.